Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Summer is here. Let's shop!

Summertime has arrived, meaning vacation time for most in my world. Technology in the arts, on the other hand, picks up the pace while everyone else is relaxing. No on sale dates to support. Constantly changing content needs take a back seat. The more demanding elements tend to quiet down. This means project time, so while everyone else is taking it easy and taking well deserved holiday, I have to stay focused and start producing rather than just supporting.

How do I cope with this? IMPULSE SHOPPING!

Here's some of my favorites lately (many of which have my money now)

McSweeney's Summer Garage Sale - They do good things and employ good people and publish good works. I never feel bad spending money with them.

Woot! - A new deal every day. The essence of impulse shopping.

Newegg - If you are a nerd like me, you know Newegg. I like it because I can browse for new toys, and can be pretty comfortable that the price is reasonable (nothing hinders an impulse purchase like price hunting)

Also, in addition to shopping, Summer is nice (and New York is nice) for day trips to the beach. Independence Day was spent on Long Beach, which was lovely. I got laughed at for using SPF 70 sun block (who knew?) but I think I was the only member of the group that didn't take a post-beach trip to Walgreens for aloe. Also, I didn't take any pictures because I was afraid of my camera being full of sand. Maybe I'll ease up on that paranoia this summer and take (and subsequently post) some photos.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow!
Publication is very informative and qualitative.
Microsoft windows 8 professional oem version