Monday, May 4, 2009

Oh, to have readers

One of the things I've been thinking about a lot recently (in regard to my job) is mobile browsing. While internet services (Google, Yelp, Ask, etc) have been quick to embrace mobile technology in terms of web experience, it seems like the arts community has purely been taking pot-shots at it. A few places have done a decent job, but mostly, if anything, it seems to be just pared down design of their normal internet sites.

What I want to explore more, but am a bit lost in terms of a starting point, is how people are really using their mobile devices. It clearly isn't primary browsing (yet) so a month-long calendar of events is likely unneccessary, and possibly annoying.

What is going on now, where is it happening, and how can I get a ticket? That is what should be answered, I think.

There's a lot of pressure to "go mobile" but I'm not convinced anyone really knows what that means.

No comments: