Saturday, February 28, 2009

Pink Gin (Saturday Afternoon Cocktail #1)

The cocktail I have just made myself is one I have read about in a number of books, but never actually tried, because I had convinced myself that I dislike Gin (and I just happened to have a promotional bottle of Miller's London Dry Gin.) Not only is this not the case, apparently, but the Pink Gin turned out to be refreshing and delicious with enough kick to warm me up.

Pink Gin

1 ½ oz Miller's London Dry Gin
1 liberal dash Peychaud's Bitters

Combine ingredients with ice. Stir; strain; drink.

2 comments:

Kelly said...

Have you ever had Hendrick's gin with a cucumber slice?

Not that I know you too well or anything... but I mean, I feel that I have a weird kinship with your palate, and I really think you'll like this.

Chris said...

I should pay attention to my comment(s) more. I have not tried just gin with a cucumber, but I have had other gin-based drinks that rely heavily on cucumber, and I find them delicious.