Wednesday, February 25, 2009

The Perks of Exposure

One of the many perks of working where I do is the opportunity to experience some pretty fantastic performing art. I have been a web nerd for my entire professional life, but there is only so much that telemarketing, chemical manufacturing, and reliable (yet affordable) living room furniture can provide in the way of excitement.

Dance is something that, prior to this job, I have never really gotten into. It has been an issue of availability, knowledge, and I suppose just exposure, but the more I see, the more I love.

Next week I get a chance to see Max performed by Batsheva Dance Company. Tickets are still available, and from what I have been told, it should be pretty hot (I've been promised nudity). Here's a preview:



One of the events that I have been extra excited about is Merce Cunningham at 90 with live music from Sonic Youth, John Paul Jones, and Takehisa Kosugi (who you may know from Sonic Youth's Goodbye 20th Century.) To say I am looking forward to it is most definitely an understatement.

No comments: